[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: OpenLDAP 2.4.7 available
- To: OpenLDAP Software List <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: OpenLDAP 2.4.7 available
- From: Howard Chu <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 12:49:07 -0800
- In-reply-to: <E47D97FC-17F2-4AE7-9483-F0E0E17D9823@OpenLDAP.org>
- References: <E47D97FC-17F2-4AE7-9483-F0E0E17D9823@OpenLDAP.org>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; rv:1.9b2pre) Gecko/2007120621 SeaMonkey/2.0a1pre
OpenLDAP Project wrote:
OpenLDAP 2.4.7 is now available for download as detailed on our
and should soon be available on all official mirrors:
This is a maintenance release and is made available for general use.
Users of OpenLDAP Software are encouraged to upgrade.
Significant contributors to this release include:
Howard Chu (Symas Corp)
Quanah Gibson-Mount (Yahoo! Inc)
Ralf Haferkamp (SUSE Linux)
Gavin Henry (Suretec Systems)
Pierangelo Masarati (Sys-Net)
OpenLDAP 2.4.7 Release (2007/12/14)
Added slapd ordered indexing of integer attributes (ITS#5239)
Note that the above caused an incompatible format change in the back-bdb/hdb
index databases. If you've used any presence indexing or equality indexing of
integer attributes, you'll need to run slapindex to get the new format.
slapindex -q -t
should do the trick.
Obviously there've been a lot of other changes. There are still one or two new
features in CVS that will show up in the next 2.4 release. But in the
meantime, this release is generally more usable than 2.3.
-- Howard Chu
Chief Architect, Symas Corp. http://www.symas.com
Director, Highland Sun http://highlandsun.com/hyc/
Chief Architect, OpenLDAP http://www.openldap.org/project/