Re: rwm-overlay and ldap-backend do suit me ?

2007/12/10, Buchan Milne <bgmilne@staff.telkomsa.net>:
On Monday 10 December 2007 20:33:01 Frava wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to setup a ldap server with openldap 2.3 and I need some lights
> about how to do it.
> I explain:
> My company already have a central ldap server (openldap 2.2) on which I can
> find all users and authenticate them, but the corresponding attributes
> (homedir, shell, gidnumber) aren't relevant for my department. My problem
> is that I want to use the central ldap serveur for authentification purpose
> and store locally the other datas.

So, slapo-translucent may be a better option. Please consult the
slapo-translucent man page.

Regards,
Buchan

Thanks for your quick reply, I didn't see there was such overlay available.
According to the man page, I guess it doesn't work exactly like I'd want to but I'll gave it a try.

Regards.
Frava.