pwdMustChange Does not work

We are using openldap 2.3.37 , We have set up ppolicy with following attributes :
dn: cn=basicPwdPolicy,dc=avaya,dc=com
cn: basicPwdPolicy
objectClass: device
objectClass: pwdPolicy
objectClass: top
pwdMaxAge: 86400
pwdAllowUserChange: TRUE
pwdMustChange: TRUE
We have added this policy in slapd.conf file as below :
overlay ppolicy
ppolicy_default "cn=basicPwdPolicy,dc=avaya,dc=com"
For users we are adding we are able to see password expiry, however ("pwdMustChange") user is not forced to change the password for first login.
We want to force user to change its password on the first login.
Any help in this context will be appreciated
Shriwallabh Aghor(Sachin) | CSAD R&D | Avaya India Pvt. Ltd | Level # 2,Tower # 1 | Cybercity, Magarpattacity,Hadapsar | Pune,Maharashtra,India 411028 | Voice: 91-20-30412611 | E-mail: ashriwallabh@avaya.com