Re: Detecting changes in the directory

There's a "ldapdiff" package out in the world if you're going this route. (I've never used it, personally.) Sounds like it could be quite the race condition, but if your hand is 2.2 you're in a painful situation to start with.

BTW, if your ancient server is running ancient back-ldbm, make sure to do your slapcat cold or else your worst case scenario might get worse yet.