Re: setting up admin password on openldap

--On Friday, October 26, 2007 5:25 PM -0400 Naufal Sheikh <naufalzamir@gmail.com> wrote:

Any pointers will be appreciated

Actually sending the error message would be useful. If there is no password in slapd.conf, how can it be in slapd.conf, and hashed? I assume you mean there's a rootpw line in slapd.conf that is hashed. Simply run slappasswd to generate the hash of a password you know, and update slapd.conf. Given the limited information you've supplied, that's the best shot in the dark I can make.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Engineer