Re: problem with access by set and group membership (posixgroup, groupofnames)

Pierangelo Masarati wrote:

>> access to dn.sub="cn=Domain Admins,ou=Groups,dc=byn,dc=drv"
>>        by set="([uid=] + ([cn=domain
>> admins,ou=groups,dc=byn,dc=drv])/memberUid  + [,ou=users,dc=byn,dc=drv])
>> & user" write
>>        by * none

You can check if my analysis was correct and, in that case, work your
issue around, by adding another layer of dereferencing to constructed
DNs, thus forcing them to be normalized according to uid instead of
using memberUid's value.  The above rule could be modified as

access to dn.sub="cn=Domain Admins,ou=Groups,dc=byn,dc=drv"
        by set="([uid=] + ([cn=domain
admins,ou=groups,dc=byn,dc=drv])/memberUid  +
[,ou=users,dc=byn,dc=drv])/entryDN & user" write

(remove all line wrapping, of course).

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
OpenLDAP Core Team