Re: SyncREPL generates high traffic to calculate delta

Aaron Richton wrote:
>> Another topic about syncrepl : When the Pivot is stopped longer than the
>> interval setting, and restarted, i need to restart the Slave because it
>> doesn't retry connection on the Pivot ? And also, it doesn't use the
>> retry setting.
>> slapd logs the following error:
>> Oct 16 11:14:26 oldap-sol10 sym[28092]: [ID 187570 local4.debug]
>> do_syncrep1: rid 002 ldap_sasl_bind_s failed (-1)
>
> Is that logged despite the fact that the provider is up?
This log appear of course when the provider is stopped.
> Or is your point that that's the last thing that's logged once the
> provider goes down?
No.
> What's your syncrepl config stanza look like on that ("oldap-sol10")
> consumer? (Clean out credentials before posting...)

My syncrepl master configuration:
#
# SyncREPL master replication parameters
#
overlay syncprov
syncprov-checkpoint 100 10
syncprov-sessionlog 100

My syncrepl pivot configuration
#
# SyncREPL master replication parameters
#
overlay syncprov
syncprov-checkpoint 100 10
syncprov-sessionlog 100

#
# SyncREPL slave replication parameters
#
syncrepl rid=3
        provider=ldap://10.1.1.69:636
        type=refreshOnly
        interval=00:00:01:00
        searchbase="o=test"
        filter="(objectClass=*)"
        scope=sub
        schemachecking=off
        bindmethod=simple
        binddn="cn=root DN, o=test"
        credentials=xxxxxxxxx

My syncrepl consumer configuration is :
#
# SyncREPL slave replication parameters
#
syncrepl rid=2
        provider=ldap://10.1.1.82:636
        type=refreshOnly
        interval=00:00:01:00
        searchbase="o=test"
        filter="(objectClass=*)"
        scope=sub
        schemachecking=off
        bindmethod=simple
        binddn="cn=root DN, o=test"
        credentials=xxxxxxx

To reproduce the problem, stop the pivot, add a entry on the master,
wait more than the interval timer (1 minute in my case) and check the
log (like my previous example). Then restart the pivot. Pivot will get
the new entry from the master but the consumer will never get it.

Rgds, Bruno.