Re: multi valued otherMailbox

Dieter Kluenter skrev, on 12-10-2007 16:39:

for particular reasons entries have to have a multi valued otherMailbox
attribute, something like

dn: cn=foo bar,ou=some ou
objectclass: inetorgPerson
objectclass: extensibleObject
otherMailbox: SMTP$joe@example.com
otherMailbox: smtp$foo@bar.com

Adding the second attribute value I get error 18, inappropriate
matching. Is this intended behaviour or is this a bug?

Why "particular reasons entries have to have a multi valued otherMailbox attribute"? Design fault, or inescapable idiot client?

Explanation: At my high school site, users (i.e. cn, uid) often have to have multiple mail attributes (objectClasses: courierMailAccount, courierMailAlias, evolutionPersonlist, inetOrgPerson, mailRecipient and a couple of others). It is important that they have multiple mail attributes for a couple or three reasons, all to do with Postfix.

Why can't you do the same?

Best,

--Tonni

--