Re: Index Generation Failed error

Suhel Momin wrote:
I have made changes to keep log in memory using DB_LOG_INMEMORY flag.
The log size is kept 10MB.
Now when I try to add 64K entries, 65526 entries get added but 65527th entry always fails.
The error I get is "Index Generation Failed".
I tried to debug the issue and found that the cursor->c_del function in bdb_idl_insert_key fails returning an error code as DB_LOG_BUFFER_FULL.

Am I missing something or is this a known problem?
Do I need to do anything more while keeping logs in memory?

Have you read Berkeley documentation about DB_LOG_INMEMORY? This is the expected result of creating an in-memory buffer smaller than the size of the largest transaction you want to create. Either use a larger buffer, or write smaller chunks. And read the docs <http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/berkeley-db/db/articles/inmemory/C/index.html>.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
OpenLDAP Core Team

SysNet s.r.l.