Re: syncrepl only updates after consumer restart

Robert Fitzpatrick skrev, on 25-09-2007 16:28:

[...]

I have 2.3.38 running on a provider and two consumers. Not every time,
but most of the time, when I make an update to the provider, the
consumers do not receive until I manually go there and restart the
consumer, then all updates. I have loglevel set to 512 on both machines,
is this enough to catch the problem. I have grep'd the debug.log on
these FreeBSD machines and can't find any warn or error messages.

What is the best way for me to find the problem? Also, I'd like to know
if by merely replacing the syncrepl parameters from slapd.conf with the
overlay parameters, will this will make a consumer a master server in
the event of the provider going down indefinitely? And then be able to
redirect other consumers to this new provider?

I miss the directory here, under which you have your consumer:

directory       /var/lib/ldap2.3

Provider:
overlay syncprov
syncprov-checkpoint 100 10
syncprov-sessionlog 100

Consumer 1:
syncrepl rid=123
                provider=ldap://ldap.example.com:389
                type=refreshOnly
                interval=00:00:05:00
                searchbase="dc=example,dc=com"
                filter="(objectClass=*)"
                scope=sub
                schemachecking=off
                bindmethod=simple
                binddn="uid=slurpd,ou=Services,dc=example,dc=com"
                credentials=<password>

Try type=refreshAndPersist and see what happens.

I'm running a delta-syncrepl provider and 3 consumers on 32 and 64-bit Red Hat RHEL5 OL 2.32.35 -> 2.3.37; everything is working perfectly, it did on RHAS4 too.

--Tonni

--
Tony Earnshaw
Email: tonni at hetnet dot nl