Re: cn=config example

Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com> wrote:

> Use slaptest instead.

Oh, right, I missed that one. Perhaps this is the missing piece in the
docs? It's not obvious how to explain it, though. I'm not sure the
sentence below is satisfying.

       -F slapd-config-directory
              Specifies the slapd  configuration  directory.  The
              default  is /usr/pkg/share/examples/openldap/slapd.d.  If
              both -f and -F are specified, the config file will be read
              and converted to  config directory  format  and  written
              to the specified directory before slapd starts regular
              operations. slaptest(8) can also be used to just perform
              the conversion.

Alternatively, perhaps it's the admin guide that should suggest running
slaptest -f -F in order to build the cn=config tree from slapd.conf? It
does not seem to contain the upgrade procedure at all.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz