Re: cn=config example

And it's a sad that project leaders immediatly assume users are just
unwilling to read the docs, rather than wondering if the docs need
improvement.

I just discovered why my slapd -f slapd.conf -F slapd.d attempt failed:
permissions on the slapd.d directory were wrong, so slapd just start and
quits without a message, leaving an empty directory.

This is a concrete case of improvement: "slapd should not be silent on EACCES (or others)." I'd imagine that such a proposal would be met favorably in the ITS. Vague, overreaching statements about the perceived incomprehensibility of OpenLDAP documentation are what deserve questioning. There's a lot of doc work being done right now -- what would make it more usable?