Re: cn=config example

Gavin Henry wrote:
Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com> wrote:

Note that this feature was already documented in the existing slapd/slapadd/slap* manpages in 2.3. It's a shame that we go to the trouble of
writing these docs that nobody actually reads.
And it's a sad that project leaders immediatly assume users are just
unwilling to read the docs, rather than wondering if the docs need
improvement.

We know they do, and we are. There's no wondering involved ;-)

This bears some repeating. We are continuously investing time and energy into updating the docs. But if you don't provide feedback like "this part helped" or "this part is unclear" then we can only assume you're not reading any of it. If you don't tell us the commands you used, and you don't tell us what diagnostic output was produced, we can only assume that you don't know how to ask for help, and that you don't know how to use the software, and that you've ignored all of the documentation that tells you how to do all these things.

Just saying "this didn't work for me" doesn't tell anybody anything useful.

When you communicate effectively with us, you'll get better information back.
--
  -- Howard Chu