[Date Prev][Date Next] [Chronological] [Thread] [Top]

Re: connection hangup -inference and solution?

Arunachalam Parthasarathy skrev, on 16-09-2007 10:35:

I am using openldap 2.3.36 and bdb 4.5.20

Ok stuff. Updating OL will likely not help in this particular case.

I am using delta syncrepl for synchronization and the configuration files are same as the examples provided in the test folder of package (for master and slave)

I started the master and added some entries (I had already some 50,000 entries)

I started the slave and it was synchronizing.

When I stopped the slave and client which was adding entries, in the master *I am getting connection hangup on a descriptor and the master is not responding to any client which are searching*

*Can I know , why it is happening, and whats the way to get rid of this problem*

Been watching the thread for a couple or three of revs, but nowhere did anyone match my experience with the same empirical experience.

In my case(s) it was caused by a corrupt (patched) 4.2.52 changelog DB. Deleting the log after a stop slapd then restarting (so that the DB automatically got rebuilt) fixed it. Runnings a (Buchan-adapted) db_recover -c had had no effect at any stage.

Why the DB should have got corrupt in the first case, I can only surmise. DB_CONFIG in that directory was reasonable, but consumers *did* disappear for periods, due to system upgrade reboots before this occurred.

Systems were RHEL5 and FC6, OL versions were 2.3.37 and 2.3.38.


Tony Earnshaw
Email: tonni at hetnet dot nl