Re: LDAP error code 32

Hex Star wrote:
> Hello, I have fixed that error and now get "*no global superior
> knowledge" *when
> trying to populate the database, the faq is not helpful in this regard (I
> know it has a bit on it but I don't find it helpful). How do I get past that
> error? Thanks! :)

I assume you didn't locate the Admin Guide
<http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin23/>, or at least the Quick Start
Guide <http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin23/quickstart.html>.  If you
did, I assume you didn't follow the suggested steps to have a minimal
system up and working.  If you did, you wouldn't get those errors.

The one you specifically mention refers to the fact that you're probably
trying to write an entry within a naming context your server is not
configured to serve.  If the suffix of your database is
"dc=10.0.1.220,dc=com", you're probably adding an entry whose DN is
outside this naming context (e.g. "dc=com", or "dc=foo,dc=bar").  Of
course, now you don't provide a clue about what operation you tried, so
mine is just a rough guess.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
OpenLDAP Core Team