From: openldap-software-bounces+diabeticithink=yahoo.com@OpenLDAP.org
[mailto:openldap-software-bounces+diabeticithink=yahoo.com@OpenLDAP.org] On
Behalf Of Tony Earnshaw
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2007 12:55 AM
Cc: openldap-software@openldap.org
Subject: Re: configure OpenLDAP to allow directory users - change pass

Anne Moore skrev, on 13-09-2007 15:12:

> Does anyone know how to configure OpenLDAP to allow directory users to
> change their own passwords?

The answer is "yes, I do that".

> I've using Openldap-2.2.13-7.4E (on my RedHat server)

As Gavin implies, you shouldn't be using this version; it won't allow you to
do what you want, it's full of bugs anyway and your security department will
go on not liking it.

For where to get up to date rpms for whatever Red Hat version you're using
(probably RHAS/RHEL4), go to http://staff.telkomsa.net/packages/

> As it is now, I have to change everyone's directory password for them
> and the security department isn't liking it.

--Tonni

--
Tony Earnshaw
Email: tonni at hetnet dot nl