Re: Automatic referral chasing

Taymour A. El Erian wrote:

Pierangelo,

I don't want to get into a debate about the importance of documentation, but documentation is really one of the most important things about software.

Thanks for educating me on the importance of documentation. If you could also instruct me about **how** it should be improved, not just **why**, that would be a "giant leap for the mankind".

If you as a developer understand the code, this doesn't mean the code is usable since most of those who use it are not developers and do not know how to read the code. Everybody appreciates the time and effort given by the developers. The administrator guide has no mention of the overlays (at least not chain) and the man pages do not give enough description, also the administrator guide could add examples for some configurations, maybe like those ones being asked in the mailing list.

I really searched for my question a lot in the list but could not find it.

Did you search the -software for "chain;referral"? I got 51 hits, most of them pertinent.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
OpenLDAP Core Team

SysNet s.r.l.