[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: Multiple Schema
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Multiple Schema
- From: Michael Ströder <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 12:09:22 +0200
- In-reply-to: <46D82FD5.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <46D82FD5.email@example.com>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20070802 SeaMonkey/1.1.4
Howard Chu wrote:
> Suhel Momin wrote:
>> I am planning to have multiple DIT's.
>> These DIT's may use different customised Schema.
>> Now my problem is to store these schema such that DIT's will use their
>> respective schema definition.
>> This is because the attributetype or objectclass in these different
>> might overlap.
>> Hence I want to keep them seperate and use them for a particular
>> DIT. Is
>> this possible?
> Not in the current versions.
> Use multiple slapd instances. Use proxies and subordinate to glue them
> together if necessary.
Note that in such a scenario with back-ldap/meta and glue a schema-aware
LDAPv3 client does not have a chance to do the right thing. (And yes,
web2ldap asks for the relevant subschema subentry for each part of the
DIT all the time.)