Re: libnss-ldap and slapd

"Buchan Milne" <bgmilne@gmail.com> writes:
> On 8/23/07, Frank Cornelissen <frankc@t310.org> wrote:

>> After some debugging, this seems to be caused by the fact that on
>> this machine libnss-ldap is enabled. This library will be loaded and
>> will set some libldap options which seem to be global and thus
>> interfering with the options from slapd. Anybody got an idea how to
>> solve this, apart from setting up a seperate machine for openldap|?

> I haven't looked at this specific issue, but other issues relating to
> using ldap-enabled software on a host using nss_ldap could be worked
> around by using nscd. However, the problems I've seen were fixed in
> the latest release of nss_ldap (257). Versions affected were at least
> 254-256, but it may depend on the ssl library (and version).

> More details would help ... (if this hasn't been resolved yet).

Debian has additional issues due to library conflicts (themselves due to
incredibly frustrating licensing nonsense) that aren't nss_ldap's fault
but which using nss_ldap will trigger because that loads the conflicting
library.  These issues are Debian-specific since other distributions, so
far as I can tell, just ignore the OpenSSL/GPL license conflict.