Re: Requesting advice for repairing a syncRepl issue

--On August 31, 2007 1:41:46 PM -0400 Benjamin Lewis <bhlewis@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

I have a pair of OpenLDAP servers that had been replicating flawlessly
with delta syncRepl for about 10 months.  Just the other day, I saw
that modifications were no longer being replicated and these messages
were appearing in the syslog on the master server immediately after
the MOD line:

Some specifics in case they matter:

Master:
Solaris10 amd64
BDB 4.2.52 + 5 patches
OpenLDAP 2.3.30

Fixed in OpenLDAP 2.3.35:

	Fixed slapd syncrepl delta-sync modlist free (ITS#4904)

I suggest you upgrade your master, given that 2.3.30 is already known to have an issue with delta-sync. Also, rather than just stopping slapd and running slapindex, you may want to stop slapd, go to the cn=log db, and remove the index bdb files (keeping the database bdb files, like id2entry.bdb and dn2id.bdb), and then run slapindex, so that the old index files are completely purged. I'll also note that 2.3.38 is the current stable release, so there are many other good reasons to upgrade. ;)

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Engineer