Re: Provide slapd Aborts on failed assertion

--On Thursday, August 30, 2007 2:43 PM -0400 Paul Turgyan <pturgyan@umich.edu> wrote:

I have a consumer slapd in refreshandpersist mode and a provider slapd that aborts on the first search operation issued by the consumer. I've tracked it down to the cachesize option. If I set the cachesize option to any value, the provider fails an assertion in pthread_mutex_lock.

here is the output from stdout when running the provider in gdb.

# database settings
database        bdb
suffix          "dc=umich,dc=edu"
rootdn          "cn=root,dc=umich,dc=edu"
rootpw          BD=fast

overlay         syncprov
# syncprov-checkpoint 100 10
# syncprov-sessionlog 100

directory       /var/slapd/tmp/db/db.save
cachesize       1000
idlcachesize    25000
checkpoint      1024 5
lastmod         on
#
include         /home/pturgyan/openldap-2.3/slapd.index

As noted many times, the overlay directives must come *last* in a database stanza. Please fix the location of your syncprov lines.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Engineer