Re: Problems changing passwords

Rick Tautin wrote:
> I am unable to change users passwords as themselves.  When a user tries
> to change their password, they get and error invalid credentials(49).  I
> have tried every option of changing the acl's to allow them to bind and
> change it but nothing has worked.  Any help would be appreciated.  Here
> is my slapd.conf and the command I am trying to use to change the
> password.
>

> ldappasswd -x -D
> "uid=user1,ou=users,ou=employees,ou=users,dc=example,dc=com" -w tt#12345
> -s new#1234 uid=user1,ou=users,ou=employees,ou=users,dc=example,dc=com

The fact that you get 49 (invalid credentials) clearly indicates that
the command is failing authentication, so you're not even getting to
password change.  You should check first that you can bind with that
identity, for example using ldapwhoami.  Moreover, invalid credentials i
a rather generic error, it doesn't simply mean the password is wrong, so
you should carefully inspect server logs to see where the problem is
actually occurring.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
OpenLDAP Core Team