Replication using syncrepl

I am trying to establish replication between two ldap servers.
Here's part of slapd.conf file for the subscriber:

syncrepl rid=123
      provider=ldap://ldap.mydomain.com
      type=refreshOnly
      interval=00:00:01:00
      searchbase="dc=mydomainr,dc=com"
      schemachecking=off
      updatedn="cn=Manager,dc=mydomain,dc=com"
      bindmethod=simple
      binddn="cn=Manager,dc=mydomain,dc=com"
      credentials=secret

This is the stanza in slapd.conf for the provider:

sessionlog 123 4555

Ldap version on both is 2.3.37 and everything else works fine (centralized login, automount etc.)

When I look at the log file for the provider it seems like the subscriber is making queries but no updates are made to the slave.
Here's part of the log:

=> bdb_presence_candidates (objectClass)
<= bdb_filter_candidates: id=-1 first=1 last=20
<= bdb_list_candidates: id=-1 first=1 last=20
<= bdb_filter_candidates: id=-1 first=1 last=20
bdb_search_candidates: id=-1 first=1 last=20
=> test_filter
PRESENT
=> access_allowed: search access to "dc=mydomain,dc=com" "objectClass" requested
<= root access granted
<= test_filter 6
=> send_search_entry: conn 34 dn="dc=mydomain,dc=com"
=> access_allowed: read access to "dc=mydomain,dc=com" "entry" requested
<= root access granted
=> access_allowed: read access to "dc=mydomain,dc=com" "objectClass" requested
<= root access granted
=> access_allowed: read access to "dc=mydomain,dc=com" "o" requested
<= root access granted
=> access_allowed: read access to "dc=mydomain,dc=com" "dc" requested
<= root access granted
=> access_allowed: read access to "dc=mydomain,dc=com" "structuralObjectClass" requested
<= root access granted
=> access_allowed: read access to "dc=mydomain,dc=com" "entryCSN" requested
<= root access granted

Any advise on what I am missing will be greatly appreciated. I am sure I am missing something important here. Is there something else I need to add to the providers config?

Regards.