[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: Possible to create "link" between trees in openldap 2.3
- To: Quanah Gibson-Mount <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: Possible to create "link" between trees in openldap 2.3
- From: Ski Kacoroski <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 08:53:42 -0700
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <B8B77783CF35CD6BA4A59FB9@[192.168.1.3]>
- Organization: Northshore School District
- References: <email@example.com> <B8B77783CF35CD6BA4A59FB9@[192.168.1.3]>
Thanks for the pointer. That should do what I need.
On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 16:11:18 -0700 Quanah Gibson-Mount
> --On Tuesday, July 31, 2007 3:58 PM -0700 Ski Kacoroski
> <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I am not sure what the correct terminology is, but as part of a
> > major re-work of our OpenLDAP directory we are moving from:
> > ou=people, dc=nsd, dc=org
> > to
> > ou=people, ou=accounts, dc=nsd, dc=org.
> > In the new server I would like to create a "link" from
> > ou=people, dc=nsd, dc=org -> ou=people, ou=accounts, dc=nsd, dc=org.
> > because I have 2500 email clients that have as a search base
> > ou=people, dc=nsd, dc=org and my user community is not able to
> > update their email clients to point to the new search base.
> > Is it there a way to create a "link" and if so how.
> > Thanks for your help.
> Hi Ski,
> Hope all is going well with you, long time no see!
> Have you looked into setting up back-relay?
> Quanah Gibson-Mount
> Principal Software Engineer
> Zimbra, Inc
> Zimbra :: the leader in open source messaging and collaboration
"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it
connected to the entire universe" John Muir
Chris "Ski" Kacoroski, email@example.com, 206-501-9803