Re: Configuring TLS

On 7/25/07, Jay Chandler <chandler.lists@chapman.edu> wrote:
James Hartley wrote:
> I am working this issue myself... see the following 3 references.
>
> http://www.openldap.org/faq/data/cache/185.html

Followed this to the letter, yet when I attempt to restart slapd, I get:

>  slapd[34145]: main: TLS init def ctx failed: -1
>  slapd[34145]: slapd stopped.

in my logs.  Googling sheds no light.  Thoughts?
OS is FreeBSD, for reference, so a lot of Solaris advice is probably
applicable.

-- Jay

I'm afraid I am no help, but did want to mention, I am having the same problem with a Debian machine. I have also made many attempts, following several instruction sets on how to create the certificates, to no avail, and the same error message...

~maria