Re: failover config: servers with same DNS address and TLS, subjectAltName extension

On Wed, Jul 25, 2007 at 08:53:22AM -0700, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
> >I hope people do some testing before rolling a copy/pasted configuration
> >in production...
> Experience shows they generally don't.  Your posts will likely show up now
> in google searches by people who aren't really interested in going and
> actually reading documentation, and/or end up in some forsaken "how-to". :/

I hope so. I have been googling for a starting point without much success,
hence the desire to add some information. Indeed iit's not perfect, but it's
just a post in a mailing list, it's not a FAQ entry. And since people point
out the mistakes in the thread, the curious reader should have everything
needed at hand to succeed.

What do you prefer?
1) The beginner find hardly no information, gives up after 2 days of
failures, and will claim everywhere that OpenLDAP is the most frustrating
software he had to deal with

or

2) It finds some hints with follow-up comments and can either screw his
setup by just copy/pasting without a though, or read the thread and find
the missing pieces he needs by himself.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
manu@netbsd.org