Re: moving ldap database and upgrading

On 7/19/07, John Drescher <drescherjm@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't get this. You tar the entire openldap-data folder, but then
> empty it into a new directory called DB_CONFIG? This step I was not
> doing, so it must be what is wrong, but it doesn't make sense to me.

Ahh sorry. That step is unnecessary as it was meant to backup whatever
existing ldap database was on the new server. In your case this should
be empty.

John

Well, I've figured out that my problem (at least part of my problem) is definitely my certificates, which I don't know how to fix yet. I know it is outside the scope of this mailing list, but thought I'd mention what I figured out the problem to be for future googlers.

thanks for the help,
maria