Re: syncrepl, client certificate containing subjectAltName and non UTF-8 chars

Howard Chu wrote:
Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com> wrote:

 From what you've posted above, I'm pretty sure you're not using
"subjectAltName" correctly. It is not a component of the certificate's
subject, it is an X.509 certificate extension. Read the OpenSSL
documentation and fix your certificates.
A pointer to the good documentation? My favourite search engine does not
return obvious results for configuring subjectAltName with OpenSSL...

http://openssl.org/docs/apps/ca.html# http://openssl.org/docs/apps/x509v3_config.html#

I should note that these are the same man pages that are bundled in the OpenSSL packages themselves. It seems odd to go to search engines when the info you're looking for is already on your own machine. It seems odd to go to search engines instead of the home web sites of the actual software you're working with...
--
-- Howard Chu
Chief Architect, Symas Corp. http://www.symas.com