Re: asking for new feature extending LDAP: return entriest that only matches in default language

On Sun, 2007-07-15 at 21:01 -0400, matthew sporleder wrote:
> On 7/14/07, Zhang Weiwu <zhangweiwu@realss.com> wrote:
> > Dear list
> >
> > I am not sure if this is the right place to ask for this, but can
> > someone help me by writing me a patch to openldap that allow me to do
> > search and only getting entries that mathches in default language (but
> > not in other language versions)?
> >
> > How much do I need to pay for such a patch?
> >
> > e.g. there are 2 entries:
> >
> > First Entry is:
> >
> > o: Company A
> >
> > Second Entry is:
> >
> > o: Company B
> > o;lang-de: Aaaa
> >
> > Then the patch I need would allow me to do a search for o with "*A" that
> > only return me the first entry but do not return the second entry.
> >
> > I suspect maybe the patch would accept a special search filter format:
> > search for o=*A -> return both entry, this is like traditional
> > search for o;lang-=*A -> return only first entry, this is using the
> > "special search filter format"
> >
> > The later search filter is only my imagination, I mean ";lang-" is
> > telling server only look for the default language version. There can be
> > better ways to invent search filter format for my purpose without
> > breaking other standards too much.
> >
> > Thank you very much and best regards
> >

> Can't you just do a search like:
> (&(o=*A*)(lang=foo)) ?  Where do these lang- attributes come from?
> (it seems like you want to search for attributes instead of values,
> which seems to be the wrong-way around)

May I ask where is the attribute "lang" defined?

In my system there is no "lang" attribute and I was confirmed by another
list (general LDAP discussion list) some months ago that in current LDAP
it's impossible to search only within "default language" (no modifier in
attribute descriptor). Hence I ask for a patch because readily available
solution in my knowledge doesn't exist.