str2entry: invalid value for attributeType userCertificate #0 (syntax ???

I am attempting to add some records to an ldap using slapadd and an ldif

Here is the ldif entry:

objectclass: inetorgperson
objectclass: person
objectclass: top
dn: uid=12382227,ou=merchant,dc=telecheck,dc=com
ou: merchant
cn: 1238227
sn: 12382227
uid: 12382227