Re: error after OS upgrade

--On Thursday, July 05, 2007 4:32 PM +0100 Gavin Henry <ghenry@suretecsystems.com> wrote:

<quote who="Greg Martin">

I upgrade to Slackware 12 this weekend and now openldap won't start. A google search didn't help me. I'm running 2.3.27.

I can restore from backup, just want to make sure that's necessary and
maybe I can learn something in the process.

Errors from the tail end of ldap.log:

bdb(dc=gmartin,dc=org): unable to allocate memory for mutex; resize
mutex region
bdb_db_open: Database cannot be opened, err 12. Restore from backup!
 ====> bdb_cache_release_all
bdb(dc=gmartin,dc=org): DB_ENV->lock_id_free interface requires an
environment configured for the locking subsystem
bdb(dc=gmartin,dc=org): txn_checkpoint interface requires an environment
configured for the transaction subsystem
bdb_db_close: txn_checkpoint failed: Invalid argument (22)

Looks like Berkeley DB got upgraded, so your data was made with a previous version.

And make sure they aren't using BDB 4.3. :P

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Engineer Zimbra, Inc -------------------- Zimbra :: the leader in open source messaging and collaboration