[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: multi-value attribute search result
- To: "Pierangelo Masarati" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: multi-value attribute search result
- From: "Gavin Henry" <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 20:47:47 +0100 (BST)
- Cc: Piotr Wadas <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, Zhang Weiwu <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Importance: Normal
- In-reply-to: <46865C21.email@example.com>
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org> <467E77A6.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <46865C21.email@example.com>
- User-agent: SquirrelMail/1.4.10a-1.fc6
<quote who="Pierangelo Masarati">
> Zhang Weiwu wrote:
>> On Sun, 2007-06-24 at 15:54 +0200, Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
>>> Piotr Wadas wrote:
>>>> using openldap 2.3.35.
>>>> When I do a search for some attribute like "cn=foobar", and in set of
>>>> attributes which are to be returned per-entry is "cn" attribute, all
>>>> values are returned.
>>>> however, when I search with "cn=foo*", and entry has multiple
>>>> "cn" values, like
>>>> - is it possible to have "cn" returned, but only these values,
>>>> which actually matched the filter ?
>>> Yes. Use RFC 3876 control. E.g.
>>> $ ldapsearch -E mv="(cn=foo*)"
>> Cool, only this is not mentioned in ldapsearch man page.
> Please file an ITS for this. Complaining in the last of a series of
> emails on a partially related subject is really the best way for not
> seeing it fixed ever.
Please do, then I will action the addition.