Re: Automatic Account Deactivation?

Dieter Kluenter wrote:
> "Aharon Verno" <averno@berklee.edu> writes:
>
>> I was wondering if there was a way to automatically disable an account that
>> hasnât been logged into for a period of time?  We use OpenLDAP to give
>> entitlements for our email system and we would love a way to automatically
>> shutdown accounts that havenât been authenticated to in X days.  Thanks for any
>> help with this.
>
> Depending on the number of entries in question and the time to live of
> this objects you may want to have a look at slapo-dds(5).
> You could probably create a dynamic object as soon as a user logs in,
> and allow a given ttl or some similar strategy,

This would __delete__ the account; furthermore, you'd need to setup
something to "touch" the TTL any time the account is used.  I think
something dedicated should rather been implemented, which logs the time
of a login and, periodically, checks if any account needs to be disabled
(e.g. inhibit logging, not remove the entry).  It shouldn't be too
difficult.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
OpenLDAP Core Team