Re: multi-value attribute search result

Piotr Wadas wrote:
Hello,
using openldap 2.3.35.

When I do a search for some attribute like "cn=foobar", and in set of attributes which are to be returned per-entry is "cn" attribute, all its values are returned.

however, when I search with "cn=foo*", and entry has multiple
"cn" values, like

"cn=foo",
"cn=joe", "cn=foobar", "cn=foobarX", "cn=bob", "cn=nofoobar"

- is it possible to have "cn" returned, but only these values,
which actually matched the filter ? Or, is it possible

Yes, see RFC3876. A copy of it is in the doc directory of the source tree.

--
  -- Howard Chu