Re: sync replicate glued database [auf Viren überprüft]

Buchan Milne schrieb:

I have a glued DIT on a syncProvider: database bdb subordinate suffix humans,ou=foo
overlay syncprov
To put the overlay into the database context does not make any

database bdb subordinate suffix system,ou=foo
In step 2 this database should be replicated to other servers.
So if the overlay has to be defined in database context, there must be
one here also.

You probably want to remove the syncprov overlay here.
Done that, see above. Does not work.

Also, you should not sync-repl a glued database, rather sync-repl the
 subordinates individually, and glue them back together on the
That's what I did.
At consumer side I don't have any problem with glued databases, only at the provider. The syncrepl defintion (consumer) is at database ou=humans,ou=foo, which is subordinated unter database ou=foo.

This is all what happens at the consumer:

wait4msg ld 21a1d668 msgid -1 (timeout 0 usec)
wait4msg continue ld 21a1d668 msgid -1 all 0
** ld 21a1d668 Connections:
* host: rzhs720.xxx.de  port: 389  (default)
  refcnt: 2  status: Connected
  last used: Wed Jun 20 10:50:22 2007

** ld 21a1d668 Outstanding Requests:
 * msgid 2,  origid 2, status InProgress
   outstanding referrals 0, parent count 0
** ld 21a1d668 Response Queue:
ldap_chkResponseList ld 21a1d668 msgid -1 all 0
ldap_chkResponseList returns ld 21a1d668 NULL
connection_get(17): got connid=0
daemon: added 17r listener=0
daemon: activity on 1 descriptor
daemon: waked
daemon: select: listen=6 active_threads=0 tvp=zero

At provider side I see the following for new entries:

=> acl_mask: access to entry "employeeNumber=id_rzl-0020.schulung,ou=humans,ou=foo", attr "entryCSN" requested
=> acl_mask: to value by "cn=human,ou=mgr,ou=foo", (=0)
<= check a_dn_pat: anonymous
<= check a_dn_pat: cn=human,ou=mgr,ou=foo
<= acl_mask: [2] applying write(=wrscxd) (stop)
<= acl_mask: [2] mask: write(=wrscxd)
=> access_allowed: search access granted by write(=wrscxd)
<= test_filter 5
<= test_filter_and 5
<= test_filter 5
bdb_search: 163 does not match filter