Re: Apparent character loss in Windows implementation

Thanks for the hints, I'm making progress. The problem was slapd.conf still pointing to the old database files. With new database, things go well until I get to loading a posixAccount object. While trying ldif formats that folks on the general LDAP forum say works for them, I have concluded that my current config is not handling objectClass: inetOrgPerson at all.

As I'm converting from an older OpenLDAP version, I'm still using slapd.conf. I see that the schemas have changed, so I'm loading everything that seems reasonable:

 include      ./schema/core.schema
 include      ./schema/cosine.schema
 include      ./schema/inetorgperson.schema
 include      ./schema/nis.schema
 include      ./schema/misc.schema
 include      ./schema/openldap.schema
 include      ./schema/ppolicy.schema

I don't see anything any obvious errors in loading inetorgperson.schema, yet whenever I use inetOrgPerson in an object's hierarchy, I get an error such as:

   LDAP error code 21 - objectClass: value #1 invalid per syntax

where value #1 will be inetOrgPerson.

Here is an example of the ldif file format I'm trying to load:

 # Test Account, people, my-domain.com
 dn: cn=Test Account,ou=people,dc=my-domain,dc=com
 objectClass: top
 objectClass: inetOrgPerson
 objectClass: posixAccount
 cn: Test Account
 uid: testaccount
 uidNumber: 100
 gidNumber: 100
 homeDirectory: /tmp

I have no trouble processing ldif files for the database initialization or connecting with clients The only remaining problem is loading posixAccount objects.

Thanks for any suggestion anyone may have.

JFE