RE: TLS bare minimum

--On June 5, 2007 6:28:11 PM -0400 "West, Jon (NIH/NIMH) [C]" <wjon@mail.nih.gov> wrote:

yes, I've actually have it looking at the cert but I still get a connection error when using TLS I think I understand it ldap_start_tls: Connect error (-11) additional info: TLS: hostname does not match CN in peer certificate I think this means is because I used 'test.com' as the server name when generating the cert rather then the actual server? test.com is just the test domain I am using

Please keep replies to the list.

This error means that the host name in the certificate does not match the hostname for the server. They must match to establish a TLS connection.

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Engineer
Zimbra, Inc