translucent overlay question

Hi,

 I've to add some attributes like userCertificate from a PKI LDAP server
to my meta-directory, which integrating some others LDAP servers. Some
branches are replicated using syncrepl and I don't have rights to modify
any entries.
 I was looked to translucent overlay and added theses following
directives to main configuration file of slapd :

/---( slapd.conf )---
overlay        translucent
uri            ldap://pkiserver:389/
lastmod        on
overlay        rwm
rwm-map        attribute   userCertificate *

First question: I can't bind any more using rootdn of this database when
theses directives are activated, why ?

Second question: When I'm looking for an entry than have a
userCertificate attribute on pkiserver database, I'm getting two
userCertificate attribute without modify local database ?

Best regards,

--
RaphaÃl 'SurcouF' Bordet