Re: error (80) - additional info: entry store failed

Ace wrote:
Hi Experts,
I am trying to add an entry to the LDAP database. But I get following error. LDAP already has around 200 or more entries.
ldap_add: Internal (implementation specific) error (80)
additional info: entry store failed

Can database full be the reason(I have only 200 entries) ? If yes, how can I overcome this?
Following is the log of ldapadd with debug option.

LDAP version - OpenLDAP 2.2.13

Just a couple of comments, which also address your previous posting

1) you're using an extremely old and buggy version of OpenLDAP. By using it, and by asking help you (unconsciously, I believe) insult the work of all those that made OpenLDAP dramatically improve since that version.

2) providing the client logs of errors that undoubtedly occur at the server side is useless, and wastes people's bandwidth.

I strongly recommend that you:

1) upgrade to the latest 2.3 (or, at least, to that marked as stable)

2) if your problems persist, I suggest that you post useful information (your slapd.conf, the server's logs, ...)

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
OpenLDAP Core Team

SysNet s.r.l.