ldapmodify(1) + postread

openldap 2.3.35 (server and client)

I'm trying to use the postread control together with the
modify+increment extension. mod+inc works, but I get nothing back with
the ldapmodify(1) command.

Network sniffing shows that the server is indeed returning the new
value: seems just that ldapmodify(1) is not displaying it.

$ ldapmodify -x -D cn=admin,dc=example,dc=com -w pass -e postread=uidNumber << EOF
dn: cn=unixidpool,dc=example,dc=com
changetype: modify
increment: uidNumber
uidNumber: 1

EOF
modifying entry "cn=unixidpool,dc=example,dc=com"

uidNumber was incremented, so that part worked.

Am I not using ldapmodify(1) correctly or is this a missing feature in that
command?