Re: using openldap as a translation layer.

Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
S James S Stapleton wrote:
Can I use open-ldap as a translation layer for queries with a ldap
client with minimal configuration potential?

Yes. I did not clearly get if OpenLDAP is the database that contains the information, or if you plan to stack an instance of OpenLDAP in between your current directory server and the (braindead?) client.

In the first case, I assume you have some thing like

database	bdb
suffix		"dc=mydomain,dc=tld"
#...

while in the second case you would create an instance of slapd containing

database	ldap
suffix		"dc=mydomain,dc=tld"
uri		"ldap://the.real.server/";

In either case, after all database specific directives you need to add

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati OpenLDAP Core Team

What an interesting and elegant solution to a real world problem. I love software that doesn't assume to know all the problems or all the answers but simply provides a rich tool-set for the engineer. Very cool!

\\Greg