Re: Compiling for the Win32 platform?

Can I get some more pointers on what I need to do regarding "Henry Spencer's regex", please?

"configure" within MSYS is failing at "configure: error: POSIX regex required."

Joe

http://www.pell.portland.or.us/~orc/Code/bsd/bsd-current/00library/regex.h

checking sys/epoll.h usability... no
checking sys/epoll.h presence... no
checking for sys/epoll.h... no
checking declaration of sys_errlist... yes
checking for strerror... yes
checking for strerror_r... no
checking regex.h usability... no
checking regex.h presence... no
checking for regex.h... no
configure: error: POSIX regex.h required.

Joe@CUSTOM ~/openldap-2.3.35
http://search.cpan.org/src/NI-S/Tk-804.027/pTk/mTk/tclGeneric/regex.h

checking regex.h usability... no
checking regex.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: regex.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: regex.h: check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: regex.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: regex.h: section "Present But Cannot Be Compiled"
configure: WARNING: regex.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
configure: WARNING: regex.h: in the future, the compiler will take precedence
configure: WARNING: ## --------------------------------------------- ##
configure: WARNING: ## Report this to <http://www.openldap.org/its/> ##
configure: WARNING: ## --------------------------------------------- ##
checking for regex.h... yes
checking for library containing regfree... no
configure: error: POSIX regex required.

Howard Chu wrote:
Joe Flowers wrote:
Does anyone have at least an outline of what it takes to successfully compile OpenLDAP for the Win32 platform?

Use MSYS, type "configure" and "make". No different from any other platform.

Of course you also need to build BerkeleyDB, Cyrus SASL, OpenSSL, and a decent regex library first. I use Henry Spencer's regex.

Thanks!

Joe

.