Re: Minimal OpenLDAP server source

On 5/11/07, Joe Flowers <flowers@social.chass.ncsu.edu> wrote:
Gavin Henry wrote:
>> The problem is that in many cases, to replace existing systems, I need
>> to be able to intercept username and password credentials from an LDAP
>> client, create the local or network account dynamically, perhaps perform
>> some other setup functions, and then return a value LDAP return to the
>> LDAP client that the authentication was successful.
>>

> So, as well as a normal bind, from say ldapsearch,  you need to do other
> things if the bind was correct?
>
> So how would you stop any user/pass binding and an account getting created?

I can/will do the the authoritative authentication pieces via Kerberos or native calls into NDS or AD or other LDAP calls or etc.

You might want to check out this thread:
http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-software/200702/msg00126.html

It sounds like you're doing something similar to manu@netbsd.org

_Matt