How to search from inside an overlay (newbie)

Hi everybody. I managed to keep developing til now but I'm desperate today...

 I guess this is easy stuff for people with some experience in OpenLDAP:

I just need to perform a search. I am inside an overlay's response and I need to search for some entries. The question is:

- How do I set the SlapReply rs?
- I guess I need to create an Operation. How do I do that?
- I have to call some search function. I found some searching functions taking an Operation* and a SlapReply* as parameters (like do_search and others) but I don't know which is the one I need.

If you could just drop an example (I guess that it is some 5 lines). I just have to perform a search with a filter I know (and have constructed as a string). Should be something like:

   char *filter = "objectClass=Aclass";
   // SlapReply *rs initialization
   // Operation *op initialization
   // Perform search( op, rs )

Maybe I'm far from the solution...

I would be very pleased if you could help me with this, I'm just going mad jumping from one place in the code to another...

If this message should be sent to another mailing list, just tell me and I'll resend it correctly.

 Thanks!