Re: deferring operation: pending operations

BTW, I notice the requests/responses you've posted were less than 2 or
often 1 seconds apart - is that how long clients hang, or are there some
really long hangs?

Really long hangs, until I restart the client. Based on feedback from this list, the author found a bug in his auth bind code, which fixed the sequencing on the binds and cleared up the deferrals. So far it appears to have fixed the prolonged hangs, too. It's possible, though, that when I re-linked the daemon against 2.3.32 that fixed something.

On another note, maybe you can dispatch the Binds to e.g. 4 processes
and thus 4 connections, thus reducing much of the sequencing.

That's an interesting idea; I will propose it to the author.

Thanks!

-Ben