Re: Issues with LDAP Replication

--On Monday, April 09, 2007 9:01 PM -0400 Steven Bambling <steven.bambling@sunrocket.com> wrote:

Yes I understand the concept of replication.  My understanding is the
updateref line should point the client to make changes on the master
server.  The original post that was denied told of the setup in further
detail.  When changing the password via smbpasswd it doesn't seem to
refer samba to make changes to the master server.

Well, if your replica is actually taking changes, then it is misconfigured. In any case, 99% of clients out there don't actually understand referrals. That's why I'd suggest using back-chain. In any case, I'll note you are also using the deprecated "slurpd" method of replication, which is going away (will not be present in OpenLDAP 2.4). It is recommended to use "syncrepl" in OpenLDAP 2.3.

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Senior Systems Software Developer ITS/Shared Application Services Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html