Re: Issues with LDAP Replication

--On Monday, April 09, 2007 8:09 PM -0400 Steven Bambling <steven.bambling@sunrocket.com> wrote:

From: Â steven.bambling@sunrocket.com Subject: Issue with changes using updateref Date: April 9, 2007 6:57:43 PM EDT To: Â openldap-software@openldap.org

All,

I've been racking my brain for a while googling and reading like mad. I've come to a wall.  I have 2 OpenLdap servers setup 1 as a master and the other as a slave.

ÂThis are now working about 50%. When I make a change on the master is is replicated down to the slave without a problem. Yet when I make a change on the slave it doesn't seem to carry back up to the master.

You do understand that the idea of replication is that only masters take modifications? That's why one is a "master" and one is a "replica". You don't make changes to the replicas and expect them to show up on the master. Now, you can do things like setup back-chain to *forward* modification requests to the replica up to the master, so things work right...

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Senior Systems Software Developer