Re: slapd segfaults during SASL/GSSAPI bind

--On Monday, April 02, 2007 2:22 PM -0400 Paul Turgyan <pturgyan@umich.edu> wrote:

I've gotton several slapd core files where slap has segfaulted during a GSSAPI bind. Unfortunately I can't make slapd core. But the stack trace always looks the same:

Current environment:
openldap-2.3.32
cyrus sasl 2.1.21
heimdal 0.6.6
linux  from source - kernal 2.6.18

Any ideas?

I use:

OpenLDAP 2.3.34
Cyrus SASL 2.1.21
Heimdal 0.7.2

And have no such problem.

As I recall, I had to specify particular flags to my Heimdal 0.6 build back when I was using it to ensure that it used the re-entrant libraries properly. That was fixed with 0.7.x releases.

You may want to upgrade (openldap & heimdal) and see if it still occurs.

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Senior Systems Software Developer ITS/Shared Application Services Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html