From: openldap-software-bounces+kyle_chapman=g1.com@OpenLDAP.org [mailto:openldap-software-bounces+kyle_chapman=g1.com@OpenLDAP.org] On Behalf Of lemons_terry@emc.com
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2007 10:36 AM
To: openldap-software@openldap.org
Subject: DIGEST-MD5 returns 'user not found'

Hi

I'm trying to use DIGEST-MD5 authentication on a SLES 9 SP3 system running OpenLDAP 2.

tivo2:~ # ldapsearch
SASL/DIGEST-MD5 authentication started
Please enter your password:
ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Internal (implementation specific) error (80)
	additional info: SASL(-13): user not found: no secret in database

When I run 'ldapsearch -d 2', I see that 'username=root' and 'realm=tivo2.backup'.

I believe that I have the correct entry for 'root' in the SASL database:

sasldblistusers2
root@tivo2: userPassword

So why is SASL saying 'user not found'?

Thanks
tl

Terry Lemons
Backup Platforms Group
EMC²
where information lives
4400 Computer Drive, MS D239
Westboro MA 01580
Phone: 508 898 7312
Email: Lemons_Terry@emc.com

NOTICE: This E-mail may contain confidential information. If you are not
the addressee or the intended recipient please do not read this E-mail
and please immediately delete this e-mail message and any attachments
from your workstation or network mail system. If you are the addressee
or the intended recipient and you save or print a copy of this E-mail,
please place it in an appropriate file, depending on whether
confidential information is contained in the message.