Re: ldap_start_tls: Connect error (-11)

JOYDEEP wrote, on 20. mar 2007 06:41:

I have self signed certificate. Now the command * ldpasearch -x -ZZ -d
255*   shows

TLS: hostname ( does not match common name in certificate
ldap_start_tls: Connect error (-11)
        additional info: TLS: hostname does not match CN in peer certificate

I have checked with the *hostname* command in linux and it shows the hostname as linux.kolkatainfoservices.in

I am really confused here. could any one suggest any solution please ?

It's probable that you're running slapd on (localhost), whereas it should be running on the IP address of linux.kolkatainfoservices.in exclusively. Moreover you should have linux.kolkatainfoservices.in with its IP number in /etc/hosts, so that there's no mistaking its address.

We've (almost all of us) all been through this when we were starting out with certs :)

Tony Earnshaw
Email: tonni at hetnet dot nl